Sunday, August 9, 2015

I fell in love.....

.....with this gorgeous quilt, from the current issue (107) of Quiltmania.....


It is called 'Brinton Hall', and the minute I saw it, it really was one of those 'I love that so much' breathtaking moments, and I do just adore it - but, sadly, let's be honest here LOL, at the rate I sew it would probably take me about 15 years to make it..... 


It is going to be published in 2 parts, so I am anxiously awaiting the next issue.

Nevertheless, as much as I love it, I decided I absolutely could not start it until I had finished a few other things first, and given my sewing stuff a good sort and tidy.....

.....only to find myself on Friday saying to my lovely friend Gabbie, hey, let's do THIS quilt together..... *insert rolling eyes*.....


Gabbie was at my house on Friday, and while we were looking at some things on pinterest, she saw this Kim Diehl quilt and loved it, and I remembered the pattern had come out in one of the American quilt magazines some time ago, which I just happened to have....  I dug it out to give to her, and of course, as all good friends do, I offered to join her!

As it happens, I have been looking at Kim Diehl quilts a lot just recently and had literally just the day before started a 'Kim Diehl' board on pinterest.  I love her designs, but I really love how she uses colour, and puts colours together.  

So it kind of felt a bit 'meant to be'..... particularly when Gabbie realised she had the same magazine
at home too! 

I think we will break it down into sections and do a bit each month, a bit like a block of the month, so hopefully there is a good chance it will get done.....

In the meantime, I have started playing with the layout of my hexie blocks, and I am having fun.....


xx

23 comments:

  1. wow that is one huge project! I do like the one that you and Gabbie are doing together, you can keep each other on track too.
    so loving your hexies and they are looking gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexies are looking great!! Good idea to do that quilt with Gabby...as Marina says it will keep you motivated and on track! No nagging service required! That first quilt is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very tempting project, maybe you could just do the centerpiece? At least you have the pattern so you can always decide to start later. Love how your hexie blocks are looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt. So nice to have friends who lead you astray. I am really loving your hexie blocks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britton Hall quilt is lovely. Would be a great quilt to work on for waiting rooms and travelling

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many gorgeous projects to tempt us and it is hard to say no.
    Fun to sew with a friend and help each other along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt. There is certainly a lot of work in that one. You could always just pick out bits and make them into a cushion or something like that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tania,

    What an absolutely gorgeous quilt, so much detail in each block, have fun picking out the fabrics.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I think we'll all have to live to over 100 to be able to accomplish all that we'd love to do, this quilt is very pretty and it's lovely to have a friend willing to join in and sew along with you I'm just a tad envious :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hexie quilt. I love both of your 'dream' quilts, but can understand why you chose to make the Kim Diehl quilt...I adore her work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Hexie project.
    Kim Diehl has a wonderful book and i will start a project of this book next year.
    Greetings
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, now there are two of us that have fallen in love. That quilt is gorgeous. Who cares if it takes you 15 years to finish it - you will love working on it and have a special quilt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ThAt is a lovely quilt you are going to do and great fun to do with a friend... Love the look of your hexie quilt ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can feel your brain vibrating (all a-quiver) from here! I love Kim Diehl's work too - also that quilt in Quiltmania - have fun - and enjoy your hexies in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, l love Brinton Hall too, but can l just say l'm very relieved that we're doing the one in the magazine instead LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tania and Ollie, I found you thru FNWF, and it was my first time. What a nice group!!
    You and I are obviously sew sisters. I love my standard poodle Cole, who posts on Mondays and a hexie all the time! I have so many hexie projects going. Come visit and see if I'm right! I had a great time on your blog today.
    LeeAnna at Not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  17. One glance and I fell in love with Brinton Hall too! So much temptation... so little time. You and Gabbie will have a great time making the Kim Diehl quilt.... it's so pretty. Have fun....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. One always has to have a project to look forward too... & it sounds like you found it with this gorgeous quilt.
    Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, what to do, when there are so many lovely quilts out there and we want to make them all! LOL
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure you have been with the Gisborne group since then. Hopefully you can feel up to spreading some happy stitching with the rest of us

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tania you will be missed in blogland............I've never met you but in blogging that is not necessary as slowly over time we get to know each other........I know your there with all the other quilting angels.........

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post and you have expressed the words is very beautiful, like this You seem to have expressed your feelings. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. beautifull night girl Gurugram
    vip Girls In Manesar
    time pass Girls Bhiwadi
    Housewife In Gurugram
    slim Girls Gurugram
    gurugram Girls number
    Gurugram Girls Number
    models In Gurgaon
    Gurgaon Girls Real Photos

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. I love to hear from you!