Saturday, October 15, 2011

new..... {1}



Pressies in the mail! Well, not really; but doesn't it just feel like that when you have purchased things online and, when they arrive sometime later, it feels like you have just received some lovely gifts - because by then of course you can selectively forget that you actually spent money to buy them!

These arrived this week - some new books and some gorgeous Lily & Will fabric which I was inspired to buy after reading Sherri's post here at A Quilting Life, and after seeing the lovely quilt she made in the same range.

I'm not sure what I plan to make with this fabric yet. In fact, although I love brown in all it's different shades, yellow is one colour that I almost never choose, either in fabric, clothes, or anything for my home. The yellow in this fabric though is just so soft and pretty and kind of snuggly-feeling that as soon as I saw Sherri's quilt, I just wanted one in that fabric for myself!

The books have some lovely projects in them, and I'm looking forward to perusing them thoroughly over the next few days, and maybe posting a few photos of the projects I might think about making.

So, I'm off to do some reading, and I'll see you back here soon!

2 comments:

  1. That fabric is lovely... you'll have to let me know if you try the Sugar Dish pattern. It looks very sweet and perfect for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did have a wonderful mail day...and the Sugar Dish really does go together well...and fast!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. I love to hear from you!